Online registration is still open through December 8th. It has just been moved to Race Roster as of Nov. 4th.
A winter challenge on character trails. Often muddy, wet and slippery. Two distances to choose from, with a classic climb to the summit of Stewart Mountain on the long course.
For a small $5.00 admission fee, racers and volunteers are invited to the Six Mile Pub post-race to warm up and enjoy a pint of Driftwood beer, complimentary snacks and a chance at draw prizes.
LOCATION & TIME
Thetis Lake Park, Victoria, BC.
Start/finish at the main beach. Regular start at 12:00 Noon. Early start at 11:30 a.m. for runners over 2 hours.
Park in the main lot at the end of Six Mile Road, or cycle the Galloping Goose trail and park at the beach.
The classic long course is approximately 10 Miles (16 Kilometres) and the shorter course approximately 5.5 Miles (8.8 Kilometres). An early start option of 11.30 a.m. is available to all runners who expect to take 2 hours or longer. If you are new to the race, we suggest using your road half marathon time as a rough guide. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics.
Trails of Thetis Lake Park featuring mud, rocks and water crossings over rolling terrain, with a significant climb to the top of Stewart Mountain for the 10-mile route only. The outbound route is largely unchanged from the last few years, but the return route features new single track trails: a descent down Scafe Hill (for the long course) and an all-new loop for both distances that includes more single track trails. 2014 Map pdf
Courses will be well-marked and marshalled but participants are responsible for watching for directional indicators at all times.
Men's and Women's: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over
- Friday, December 9, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 2:18 Run, 1576 Fairfield Road, Victoria
- Saturday, December 10, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., Thetis Lake, start/finish area.
Port-a-potties at the start/finish area (but no change rooms). Hot chocolate and coffee at the finish (save a disposable - bring your own cup or mug). More warm food, draw prizes and beer available at the after party (see below).
Awards will be presented in the finish area at approximately 2:00 p.m.
Racers and volunteers are invited to the Six Mile Pub to enjoy warmth, a FREE pint of local Driftwood beer, complimentary snacks and a chance at draw prizes. Please select item when registering online or RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission fee is $5.00 per person for the After Party.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $ 290,000.00 towards Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including six major scholarships and bursaries at UVic and Camosun College.
Visit http://www.pih.bc.ca/stewartmountain, e-mail email@example.com or phone Claire Morgan at 250-920-3889.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
|Day of Race|
|10 Mile Trail Run||$25.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|5 Mile Trail Run||$25.00||$30.00||$40.00|
1. Online registration will close at 11:59pm on December 8th, 2016.
2. There is an online processing fee applied to all online registrations.
3. 2016 BC Athletics Members are eligible for a $3.00 discount on their entry fee. You will be asked for your membership # during registration. Join BC Athletics HERE. To look up your membership # check HERE.
4. All funds payable in Canadian Dollars.
5. VISA, MC, Amex, Discover Card, VISA Debit and INTERAC Online accepted.
6. Your credit card statement will show a charge from "CAN RaceOnline Registrations" for your registration into this event.