The Banff Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K offers one of the planet’s most incredible and beautiful running experiences, all in Canada’s first National Park. Starting in the picturesque mountain village of Banff, participants will flow through a series of incredible natural, wildlife, and historical stages as they pass by the serene Vermilion Lakes and journey along the stunning Bow Valley Parkway. The return trek will travel alongside the Bow River and over Banff’s famous bridges finishing to cheering crowds in Banff’s downtown Central Park.
|Event Category||Early Bird|
- 5% GST will be applied to your transaction at checkout.
- All entries include a commemorative technical race shirt.
- Online registration will close at noon on Friday, June 17th, 2016.
- An online processing fee will be applied to your online registration into the 2016 Banff Marathon
- All prices listed in Canadian Dollars.
- VISA, MC, Amex, Discover Card, VISA Debit, INTERAC Online and RaceOnline Gift Cards accepted.
- Your credit card statement will show a charge from CAN RaceOnline Registrations for your online registration into this event.
RACE DAY INSURANCE
NOT MEMBER OF ATHLETICS ALBERTA?
An additional "Day of Race" insurance fee of $3.00 will be charged at checkout if no current and valid Athletics Alberta membership # is provided (IAAF memberships from other provinces or other national federations will be accepted). This license fee is for insurance purposes/costs helping ensure the participant's safety.
ATHLETICS ALBERTA MEMBERS
In order to have the "Day of Race" insurance fee waived, a current and valid Athletics Alberta membership # (or valid IAAF membership from other province or national federation) must be provided. Proof of IAAF membership will be verified against membership databases and must also be presented at race package pick-up in order to receive insurance coverage and be allowed entry in to the race. You will be asked for your membership # during registration. To look up your membership # click HERE.
Registration and Cancellation PolicyRegistration will close when the participant capacity is reached.
• All entries are Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable to another person, and Non-Deferrable to a future event. This also applies to a participant with an injury or illness. Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
• Participants must be 16 years of age or older as of December 31st, 2016 to be eligible to participate in the Marathon, 14 years of age or older as of December 31st, 2016 to be eligible to participate in the Half Marathon (if applicable) and 12 years of age or older as of December 31st, 2016 to participate in the 10K. Participants under 18 years of age must have a statement signed by their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate.
• Due to the unique character of Banff National Park, a wildlife interaction could occur on the race route. In such cases, the Event Organizers reserve the right to change the race route, delay the race, stop participants on the course until the situation is deemed appropriate to continue, alter the distance of the route, cancel or other measures deemed necessary as per the Event Wildlife Interaction Response Plan. The participant understands this risk and acknowledges that no refunds will be issued in this case.
• Changing to another distance that is offered at the event (ie. changing from the Marathon to the Half Marathon) is allowed up until the end of the regular registration deadline (approximately 10 days before the event) provided space is available in that race distance and it is approved by the Event Organizers . The change fee is $20 (plus GST and processing) and the difference in entry fee if applicable. The change fee ($20) does not apply to participants who registered in the “Early-Bird” registration period (otherwise referred to as the "Change Your Distance For Free" Guarantee).
• All participants must show picture ID at check-in.
• The Event Organizers reserve the right to deny entries or registration changes for any reason.