In the world of endurance sports, few challenges stir the soul quite like mountain treks. They’re not just tests of physical strength but also trials of mental resolve, spirit, and character. The air gets thinner, the paths steeper, and with each step, the world around you offers panoramic views that stretch the horizons of the mind and heart.
Seek The Peak marathon epitomizes this spirit of adventure. Set against the backdrop of the majestic Grouse Mountain, it’s not just about the distance covered or the heights scaled but the stories forged, friendships made, and the personal barriers shattered. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker looking for the next challenge, a fitness enthusiast aiming to push your limits, or someone seeking a memorable adventure with friends, Seek The Peak promises an experience that will leave an indelible mark on your soul.
- The Challenge: A gruelling 16 kilometres, culminating in a staggering 4100ft climb that will truly put your stamina to the test.
- Iconic Grouse Grind: Part of the course includes the celebrated Grouse Grind, a popular trail known for its intense uphill climb. An experience unto itself, the Grind is a feather in the cap for hiking enthusiasts.
- Solo or Squad: Brave the course alone for individual glory or rally a team of four to divide and conquer the challenge, making the journey as much about unity as it is about strength.
Here’s your guide to the registration process, but do remember, specifics can vary from one year to the next:
- Where to Register: Head over to the Grouse Mountain Guest Services for in-person registrations. They’re open from Thursday to Saturday between 8am-8pm. If you’re looking to register on the race day, June 12, you can do so at the Seek the Peak Start Line from 6:30am-7:15am.
- Fee Breakdown: Depending on when you register and your chosen category, here’s what the fees look like:
- Adults: The fees span from $45 (if you’re availing the Launch Special) to $65 on the actual race day.
- Youth: Starting rates are at $40 (during the Launch Special), progressing to $60 on the race day.
- Teams (comprising 2-4 members): Depending on when you register and the size of your team, fees range between $80 and $240.
- Additional Charges: Be aware that a 5% GST will be levied upon checkout. If you’re registering online, there’s an additional processing fee to consider.
- Payment Methods: A multitude of payment options are available to suit your convenience. These include VISA, MC, Amex, Discover Card, VISA Debit, INTERAC Online. All transactions are processed in Canadian currency.
As you prepare for this incredible journey, make sure to stay updated with any changes to the event details, ensuring you’re well-informed and ready for the challenge ahead.
What’s In It For You?
Not only do participants challenge themselves, but they also get a range of benefits:
- A Skyride download with the bib.
- A spectator admission ticket.
- Shuttle services between Grouse Mountain and Ambleside.
- A race bib to remember the event.
- Hydration, food, and aid stations at each checkpoint.
- A lively finish line celebration complete with a DJ, yoga, massage, and treats from sponsors.
- A portion ($5) of the entry fee goes to a noble cause supporting the BC Cancer Foundation.
- A medal to commemorate your finish.
Entries, once made, are final; they are neither refundable nor transferable.
Seek The Peak isn’t just another race – it’s a testament to the human spirit, endurance, and the age-old allure of the mountains. The event combines the thrill of an athletic challenge with the serenity of nature, offering participants not only a chance to test their physical limits but also to find moments of self-reflection amidst the breathtaking backdrop of Grouse Mountain.